We wanted to start this after a few emails from Parents asking us 2 questions. First how long does it take to match/place using parentfinder and any tips to help get match/placement faster.
So I tried to list all the things we did, hear, or saw. If you have more ideas we would love for you to post them and discuss and pros or cons. We were then matched in about 5 months. But we were listed with our agency for 15 months before that. So not sure if the answer should be 20 or 5 months. But either way once we had parentfinder we were empowered to do as much or as little as we wanted. We felt like we wanted to do all we could and now have 2 beautiful little boys.
- Updated our profile daily, either add new photos, journal entries, status updates, videos something.
- Found the link to our profile and tried to add that to at least one new source every week.
- Asked friends to post it on their facebook page, never used our own.
- Asked them to post on twitter
- We posted it to many pregnancy sites and adoption sites
- We heard about friends that actually had their friends post their link on crisis pregnancy centers facebook page and urged their agency to do the same
- We created free business cards and passed them out almost every place, they had the number of our agency, our photo, our parentfinder link and our names.
- We put our link in our email signature that read, We are trying to adopt if you can help HTTP://parentfinder.com/mikeandmary
- We got our church to list it in their newsletter
- We had shirts made that said we are trying to adopt and create a quick read code as the photo and people scanned us with their phones
- We ask sent out letter to obgyn's asking for their help
- We talked to all the churches in our area, regardless of denomination
- We placed a google ad
- We created crowd sourcing ( fund raising website) it helped get our word out and we collected several hundred dollars to help pay for our adoption expenses.
IF you want more info on where, how, or what we did please mail us or post here.