JOIN
LOGIN

All PAP's - just wondering

Quote · 1914 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Have any of you on this site actually been contacted by any expectant mothers?  We see our page has been viewed almost 100 times but I am beginning to think it is other PAP's checking out our page.  If you have been contacted, please let us know.  I am really curious.

Thanks.

Our profile has been viewed nearly 700 times and we've never been contacted.  I'm assuming some of the hits are other members who aren't signed in.  Since we're pursuing a private adoption, it's also likely that some birthmothers are either more comfortable with PAPs who are affiliated with an agency, or they themselves are already working with an agency.  We do see an increase in the number of views when we advertise.

We're also on the other profile site, and have 270 views of our birthparent letter over the past few months.  Roughly half of these viewers go on to look at our "about us" and "favorites" page, and only about a third proceed to our photo album.

Our profile has been viewed nearly 700 times and we've never been contacted.  I'm assuming some of the hits are other members who aren't signed in.  Since we're pursuing a private adoption, it's also likely that some birthmothers are either more comfortable with PAPs who are affiliated with an agency, or they themselves are already working with an agency.  We do see an increase in the number of views when we advertise.

We're also on the other profile site, and have 270 views of our birthparent letter over the past few months.  Roughly half of these viewers go on to look at our "about us" and "favorites" page, and only about a third proceed to our photo album.

Thanks for responding.  It does make me think about whether online advertising on sites like this works.  Best of luck with your adoption journey.

Same with us! Our profile has been viewed almost 300 times. We have never been contacted by anyone. Why aren't situations being presented? Back in November, they posted a few, but then, nothing.  I tried to contact their office,  but had no real follow up. Very frustrating.

Quote · 1913 days ago · 0 people like this ·

As a birthmom my decision on where to place was a very difficult one.  While your profiles are being viewed many times know that each expectant mom has her vision of that perfect family.  Perhaps the expectant moms viewing your profile are not ready yet and just starting their search for a match.

Staying active on the site keeping your profile fresh, blogging, changing your avatar, posting on Facebook and tweeting will increase your opportunities of matching.

I am here to help in any way that I can so please don't hesitate to reach out directly with any questions.

Thanks,

Melanie

Greg Phelps/Parentfinder Admin
Quote · 1910 days ago · 1 people like this ·

We have had the same thing happen.  We contacted some back in November, but nothing more has been posted for us to contact and we never heard back from any of the ones we contacted.  I had to contact site support about how the "Contact Us" page even worked as the FAQ's only contained one question.

Quote · 1908 days ago · 0 people like this ·

PatMary,

I am sorry if you had trouble reaching someone in the past.  We are constantly working to improve our features and all feedback from members is extremely important.  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you need assistance.

Thanks,
Melanie
melanie.mosberg@cairsolutions.com
Greg Phelps/Parentfinder Admin
Quote · 1890 days ago · 1 people like this ·

We received two contacts from birth moms through another site w/in a couple months of posting -- so it DOES happen this way. I have doubts too, though, and am beginning to think there's no substitute for other methods. We're trying good, old-fashioned flyers now.